Saturday 29 January 2011

5 Songs Whirring Round My Head This Week

I've had an Indie week and below are the 5 laid back songs that have been my most played this week.

Foals with 'Hummer'
Anyone who has read this blog in any depth will know that I am fan of Foals unique brand of 'antipop' and this week I acquired their first album and one of the tracks that stood out from the Oxford quintets fantastic début (which I highly recommend as well as their most recent record)  is their first single 'Hummer' which was released in 2007. Quirky and unashamedly different; a great track.



Florence + The Machine with 'Drumming'
Not surprisingly led by the throbbing and hypnotic drums representing the inescapable pull love can have on you and accompanied by Florence Welch's powerful and recognisable voice singing beautiful lyrics, both in this song and on her whole Brit winning album it's simply a brilliant song.



Band Of Skulls with 'Patterns'
An unusual fairly unknown band, who as I've said previously sound most like a combination of White Stripes and Kings Of Leon, I also recently got their album 'Baby Darling Doll Face Honey'. It's a genius record and this song combines brilliant performances form both singers voices and some great riffs.



Bombay Bicycle Club with 'Always Like This'
This is their first single off their 2009 album 'I Had The Blues But I shook Them Lose' and this song is a sweet tender track from a laid back band. The video below is also brilliant.



Friendly Fires with 'Kiss Of Life'
'Kiss Of Life' is a feel good song which combines traditional samba drums mixed with electronic undertones and is a song that surprises you with how much you like it. The video also has some amazing dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment